Thursday, November 4, 2010

Theft Deterrent

Today I was coming into work and a coworker walked in beside me. He started telling me about how people kept stealing his bike but that he had been taking preparations to keep this one from being stolen.

Cut to 5pm tonight. I am walking out with the shift and I wave to the coworker as he turns his bike around and leaps on and pumps his legs a single time to get to the curb.

BOOM! He comes off the curb and the front wheel of his bike crumples like a god damn tin can, he goes flying, his bags go flying and what he had in his bag also went flying.
It was a bicycle pump.

Yep! He let the air out of his tires thinking that would stop thieves. And maybe it did. But he didn't remember to pump them up leapt on that fucker and got 2 feet and that front wheel came off the curb and shredded.

He had obviously thought about it as he had his backpack upzipped but that's as far as he got.

No comments:

Post a Comment