Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Six Stooges

This is a bit close to my heart and hurts cause its one of my projects.

I need help with a specific project question. No one seems to have an answer. I come into the office where they sit. 6 people.

Me - "How do we do so and so in the database. I am trying to write a procedure."
Coworkers all turn and stare at someone else in the room. Each person to another random person. People begin shaking heads.
Coworkers 1-4 - "I thought so and so knew."
Coworkers 5-6 - "We thought you knew."
This went on for about five minutes.
I facepalm with a bit more sound than I had hoped for.

More infighting.

Me - "Ok does anyone know how to fucking do it. Anyone... at all."
I am met with a bunch of shaking heads.
Me - "So... what have we been doing about the problems in the system."
Coworkers as one - "I thought so and so was entering the problems. Well I thought you were, no you, no you!" Back and forth.
Me - "So no one is reporting it...and no one knows how to fix it. So when we report it what happens?"
Coworker who runs various aspects - "I made an email folder where I save your emails..."
Me - "And they go to whom...?"
Coworker - "I just back them up."

FUCK! 

No comments:

Post a Comment