Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Speaking German

My boss walks by... "Can you come to my office?"
I go in and sit
Boss - "Hey, I know some of the changes coming up can be hard. If you ever need to talk or are frustrated talk to me. I mean it. At any time."
Me - "Well to be brutally honest I am fucking very frustrated."
Boss - "Well uhm... I really can't talk to you about that... uhmm... or help you."
Me - "I thought you just said..."
Boss - "Ya you should talk to so and so who is handling it."
Me - "I did. It didn't get handled or even explained. So you just said I could talk to you."
Boss shifts uncomfortably in his chair... "Ya uhm...I really can't so why don't we meet in 2 weeks and we can talk about it. Why don't you make a list and give it to me? You know, write it all down and bring me the list."
Me - "I sent you a list a couple days ago... itemized with each point explained."
Boss(And I shit you not) - "Well how about... ya in two weeks give me another list of the stuff and lets talk."
Me - "Whatever. It will be the same list."
Boss - "Ok that is good ok... ok... well ya if you need to talk. You do great."
I leave.

About 30 minutes after that I get an email from the person who was the source of the problem. "So if you need to talk to anyone you can also always go to the boss. We have an open door policy. If you ever think I am not listening or reading something feel free to talk to him..."

My email back, copied from my work email.
Dear so and so. Should I talk to him in German. Because English did not seem to work. Please advise.

I have not received response yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment