Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cubicle Theatre

Last one for the day.

My coworker comes to me and says - "You better go look in the A/V room. Somebody is doing something stupid."
I have just got back from working out. I am tired but I figure...hell how bad can it be?
I go to look. Expecting...well who knows.
I open the door to see two of our most pasty skinned employees. Standing on the table...but that's not all, on the rickety table they have a WHEELED chair. And one is standing on that, and the other is trying to hold it as it shakes.
Me - "Jezuz. Come on guys the boss will freak get down."
Employees - grumble grumble
They get down.
Me - "What the hell were you trying to do?"
Employee 1 - "We wanted to watch a movie."
Me - "Just put one in!"
Employee - "At our desk."
Me...looking at the MOUNTED projector - "It's mounted...and its a projector. You can't play it at your desks. You wouldn't be able to see it."
Employee 1 - "...."
Employee 2 - "...."
Something begins to trouble me. Our Janitor has been trying to call me. 3 times...he rarely calls but I did not have the time to call him back.
Me - "If you want to watch a movie do it in here"
Employee 1 - "K!"
Employee 2 - "Ok thanks."
They rushed off a bit faster than I am accustomed to them moving.

I call the janitor.
Seems these two had tried to talk him into turning ALL the lights off on the level so they could watch the movie at their desks. In fact, they had a whole shitload of food and random crap to eat and speakers to plug into the projector and blankets to cover the windows and like little rednecks they had nails and hammers to HAMMER the nails into the walls to hold the blankets.
The strange thing. Their cubicles are basically little boxes, the A/V room is a huge amazing room with a couch, chairs and a bose sound system.
Nerds.
Got to love em.

2 comments: