Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Awkward Moments

Three months ago.
Inside the grocery store at the checkout line. My best friend says, "What would be the worst thing you can imagine?"
Me, I think for a second then - "I think losing my arms. No video games, no spanking my wife's ass, no airsoft, I wouldn't be able to do shit. Might as well just kill myself." All in jest.
I turn around. Yep, a man with not only 1 missing arm, but both. Just the nubs. Staring at me.
He stares.
I stare.
I mumble sorry and try to walk away, I just wanted to escape.
And crash headfirst into an old lady who is unpacking her items onto the fucking register belt.
And I knock her down. And not a small amount. She splays out hands in front of her, shit rolling everywhere, crackers, chips, cookies, cans of soup, everything goes flying as she attempts to hold onto the belt and ends up just swiping everything off.
It was horrible. Nothing usually embarrasses me but man, it gives me a sick stomach just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment