Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bathing at Work

Yesterday I show up to work and one of the people pulls me to the side to talk to me.
Employee - "'Blank' employee smells."
Me - "Uhm... have you talked to their manager?"
Employee - "No I don't feel comfortable."
Me - "Ok. Uhm, what do you want me to do?"
Employee - "Can you talk to them. And maybe buy some products and maybe we can build a shower in the breakroom."
Me - "The hell? Build a shower? What do you mean?"
Employee - "Last place I worked they had a shower in the breakroom."
Me - "You mean like... a locker room or changing room for bikes and stuff."
Employee - "Ya like that."
Me - "No way. Maybe we will put something out in the next office article about perfume, body odor that kind of thing."
Employee - "Ok that would be great cause right now they are using the downstairs construction bathroom large basin sink to take baths with rags."
Me - "Are you kidding?"
Employee - "No."

So I walk to the offending employees desk and it does indeed smell. But I can't figure out why. That person is not there. What smells.
I look under the desk. A pile of very neatly folded washcloths are stuck under the 3 drawer cabinet...
I sit and think. No, that's impossible, no one would leave their dirty washcloths under their own desk right?
Right?
The person comes in about 2 hours later. I walk up to them.
Me - "So I noticed that thrtr were some rags under your desk. We want to make sure those arn't there so the janitor doesn't suck them into his vacuum or throw your stuff away."
The employee looks me dead in the eye. "Oh I left them there hoping he would throw them away. They have been there for like 2 weeks."
Me - "Throw those damn things away right now."
Employee - "I don't want to touch them."
I leave and come back with two plastic sandwich bags. "Here put your fucking hands in these and pick them up."
Nasty.
I found out today. They were OUR dishrags for drying dishes off in the kitchen.
Just gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment