Wednesday, December 9, 2009

General Boss

End of day
The boss asks me to come to his office.
Boss - "I hear you are cussing a lot."
Me - "Fuck ya."
Boss - "You ok?"
Me - "Ya, well no. We have an employee washing themselves in our basin sink with our towels and leaving them under her desk, we have people taking entire boxes of candy around wherever they want leaving nothing for anyone else, and the damn Christmas stuff took me 2 hours to put up and then you told me to take them down again. So ya, it sort of sucks today."
Boss - "I understand, it can be hard here. Did you get a chance to work on that report."
Me - "..."
Boss - "..."
This must have continued for thirty seconds.
Finally he nods. "You've been busy."
Me - "Ya."
Boss - "Well good job keep it up."
Me - "Ya well sorry about the cussing."
Boss - "What...? Oh now that's fine. I just heard you talking to someone."
Me - "Ya it was about the cookies."
Boss - "What the fuck happened this time? Jesus these people will never learn."
I stand there staring...
Slowly it dawns on him what he just said. He gives me a short salute and says, "Carry on." And turns to his computer.
I think I am working with some kind of crazy ex military leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment