Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Chrismas Cheer

I come into work. My boss is already there.


"So we need to make sure that we control the Christmas decorations this year. Nothing that says Christmas or Happy Holidays. It can only say stuff about the seasons. Lets get started." He says as he is looking out my window.
In my head I am thinking "FUCK". All the supplies I bought last year wont work.

I gather the stuff, put together a plan, and get ready to put them out.
He walks by and stops. "Where's the Santa?" He is looking at the box of supplies.
Me - "Well Santa is sort of tied to Christmas."
Boss - "Ya. Lets get a couple stencils and things with Santa on it. Hang them from the main desk."
Me - "But still nothing with holidays or Christmas on it right?"
Boss gives me the weirdest look - "What? Oh ya. Ok whatever you think is right."
I walk off puzzled. Did he have a fucking stroke?
Two hours pass and the decorations are up. I am already behind for the day.

I ask him to take a glance at what we have up to see if he is happy.
He comes back and he is all frowny and unhappy.
Me - "What?"
Boss - "The decorations are already up?"
Me - "Ya. I thought you wanted them up. I thought you said lets get started. Then when I showed them to you..."
He has begun tapping his finger against his chin.
Me - "What?"
Boss - "I am thinking we should do some kind of policy where you can celebrate anything during this time. Whatever you want. Open it up to every religion and everything."
I am now ready to strangle him because he wants a report from me, that I would be doing right now if I wasn't fucking stapling lights to people's foreheads.
Me - "Sounds good. I will buy some more stuff and have people put it out."
Boss - "Don't we have that kind of stuff here?"
Me - "Like for other holidays at this time?"
Boss - "Ya lets ask everyone what they want. Go ahead and take all the stuff down and we will redistribute it later."
Me -  .... "That's allot of shit man."
Boss has already walked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment