Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Case of the Missing Snacks

I hear a childish voice pipe up from the kitchen - "Ah no candy. That sucks."
I am puzzled as I had put more snacks out an hour ago. Some pretty popular snacks just like I had placed the day before.
I go to check. Sure enough the entire package is gone.
But I have a sinking suspicion this time. I check the trash. No wrapper.
I am on a mission.

I find one of the conference rooms. I walk in and the video game console is turned on.  No one is in the room and the furniture is moved around.
I find the trash can and open it. Empty box of cookies.
Tech walks in.
Tech - "Hey."
Me - "Did you take the entire fucking box of cookies?"
Tech - "Ya they had been there all day yesterday and all day today so I took them."
Me - "No they are popular. People ate two boxes."
Tech - "Oh that makes sense. One time I noticed that it was emptier but when I came back there were more. I just thought someone put their cookies back."
Me - "..."
Tech - "..."
Me - "..."
Tech - ... "Do you have any more?"
Me - "No you ate the last ones."
Tech - "Tell me when you have more they are damn good."

No comments:

Post a Comment