Wednesday, December 17, 2008

So it Begins

 Soooo.
Everything is nice and quiet.

Then I get the first call.
"Can you come down to the parking lot?"
I go down there. One worker is on the ground his lower body half under a car. I think he is dead.
Employee who contacted me. "He fell under the car"
Me-"You mean slipped. The car wasn't moving right?" I look down, stuck employee is fine. Now the area is pretty much encased in ice right now as it was deep in winter at the time and the snow melted into the basement and then froze during the night.
Employee under car-"No I was running and I thought I would try to slid under it"
...I shit you not. The car is a chevy blazer but its fucking got normal tires and isn't raised and this dude, who is not small, caught his giant parka-like jacket on SOMETHING. That takes an hour to get fixed.

Second call.
Caller-"We just found out that the fridge over here was off all night."
Me-"Have you checked to see if it is plugged in?"
Sounds.
Employee-"Ya its plugged in next to some other stuff."
Me-"How much other stuff?"
Employee-"The coffee machine, the fridge, the toaster oven, the normal toaster, the blender, the microwave, the water bottle chiller and the microwave."
Me-"Wait you just said microwave twice. Do you have two?"
Employee-"We have three. Sometimes when we are all trying to eat lunch its busy so two people brought them from home."
FUCK.
Me-"Is anything else wrong."
Employee-"Ya it looks like we have a bulb or two out."
Me-"No...that's a blown fuse from plugging in 3 microwaves and that other stuff all at the same time."
Employee-"But there were open outlets..."

No comments:

Post a Comment