Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Partial Credit

We have a project where there are 2 parts. People can do one or the other or both but NEITHER is required for the completion of the other. Just do them as you wish...this is the same as it has been for 2 years.

CSR - "So someone is calling and asking something."
Me - "Ya?"
CSR - "The people are refusing to do part 2 but want credit for part 1."
Me - "Ok"
CSR - "But they want credit."
Me - "They don't have to do 1 to do 2. They can do either. 2 and not 1, 1 and not 2 or both"
CSR - "But this person wants credit for doing 1 without doing 2"
me - "..."  (In my mind - "You have got to be kidding. This person has been here 2 damn years...come on!")
CSR - "So the 2 are not connected."
Me - "No nor have they been for the two years we have been doing it. That's what unconnected means. Thats what credit for both or either means."
CSR - Walks off in a huff. Picks up phone. Explains.
I hear them say "Ya its news to me too."
My gawd. Two years and I have heard this person say the right thing like 600 times.
No office stupidity bothers me as much as that shit. I hate it.

Not only that, it states in the online documentation the employees use-
"You do not have to complete either project to do the other. You can do part 1 or part 2 or part 2 and not 1 or both and you will get credit for whatever you have done."

No comments:

Post a Comment