Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Short Story

We have spurts of heavy working here and that means tons of projects in the area and within the company.
So during a busy day the following happens.
-2 Doors break
-Keyless locks stop working
-Someone steals a mascot
-Someone LEAVES 3 computers at our doorstep
-I come in to find a shirtless man upside down on the front steps in his own urine and vomit
(I call in my assistant to come in and assist me with all the problems)

And it continues
-3 employees lose their desk keys
-The boss decides to buy a brand new major brand printer and...not get rid of the other one. So we now have a massive car sized printer and a newer smaller one...ah...but we are paying for both
-I go to the store to get snacks. We buy tons. I spend a good deal of time getting it because I know it makes people happy and in truth I enjoy that.
-The employee who takes my receipt sees its from the store I usually go to.
Employee-"Oh you went there."
Me-"Ya they had some deals."
Employee-"Are you going to Costco anytime soon."
Me-"If they have some deals maybe. But this store was cheaper with the same items."
Employee-"Hmmm"
Now I can tell they want to say something but I just don't want to fucking hear it. So I leave.

I find out later from my assistant that the person basically spent 1 hour doing nothing more than BITCHING that I didn't go to Costco. So when he asked the employee why it upset them their ONLY answer was "I like Costco better."
Not Costco brands, or Costco prices...just more...

No comments:

Post a Comment