Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Gate to Nowhere

Because no one got hurt I will post this one. Its just stupid dangerous.
We have roof mounted mesh door for our driveway so that we can lock it after hours, you know the ones that slid up and down.
One of the employees comes to me one morning.
Her - "I have a problem"
Me - "Ya?"
Her - "I hit the gate downstairs with my car."
Me - "Lets go look."

So we go downstairs and see, that she has not only hit the sliding mesh but much of it is hanging over her car. I call building management who shows up.
Me - "So what happened."
Her - "Well I tapped it and it didn't open. So I tapped it again a couple of times."
Me - "Why did you tap it."
Her - "I thought it was pressure sensitive."
Me - "Pressure sensitive means car weight. You don't tap it, it senses that you are parked on a spot and it opens the door."
Her - "Oh."
Me - "And the big sign that says "Push button on remote" is there to show people that they have to use the remote to get it to open."
Her - "I thought it meant something on the door itself."
I look at the sign. Which shows a keychain and a big finger pressing a button.
Me - "Uh...huh."

Her - "Well I need to call the owner of the other car."
Me - "Say WHAT?"
Her - "Well I tried to park and scratched another car."
So I follow her to her car, and the bit of the mesh that is stuck out the side of the car had scrapped down the side of another car.
It looked like the other car had sideswiped a fucking rhino.
Her - "Do you think building maintenance will pay for the damage."
Me - "No... not likely. "

No comments:

Post a Comment