Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wrap it up for Safety

I just remembered one from way back.
It was winter and the building ownership was taking out old insulation and putting new stuff in.
So they stacked the old stuff in a parking stall in the basement.
One of the employees from a colder state said. "Can I use the insulation to put around my car engine when I am here for late hours?"
Now I don't know enough to know if that's normal. But it wasn't that fucking cold. Snowy yes, and wet but not Antarctica cold.
I say no. I do not think it is the best idea.
But they do it anyway.

The next morning. They come to my desk.
Him - "Can I get help?"
Me - "Sure whats up?"
Him - "Remember that insulation?"
Me - "... yes... " sigh
Him - "I need help getting it out of my car."
We go down to the basement. This tard put insulation all around his engine and stuffed a good deal down near his fucking engine fan. And promptly forgot.
And started the car.
That shit was EVERYWHERE. It was in fan ducts, blown out into about 8000 pieces into the basement.
It looked like 5,000 stuffed animals had committed suicide all at once.
We spent HOURS cleaning it.
And it still didn't matter. Burning insulation every time he drives it. (which I think is cancer causing)
Fuck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment