Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wedding Day Congratulations

Boss calls me on my wedding day
Boss - "I just want to say congrats. It's wonderful"
Me - "Thanks. That's very nice of you."
Boss - "So are you enjoying it?"
Me - "I get married at 4pm so right now we are just setting up and that kind of Jazz."
Boss - "Hahaha. I love Jazz. That's a good choice of music."
Me - "What... no. Sorry its just a saying. We aren't playing Jazz."

Boss - "...So I have an idea."
Me - "Ok."
Boss - "What if we worked on a revolving parking program for employees. A thing where they can have some kind of drawing and such?"
Me - "...Well I don't have my computer with me at the CHURCH. Lets talk about it tomorrow. Sounds like a good idea."
Boss - "Ya that's what I thought. I don't want the same people winning you know. Every month that would be bad. But some kind of revolving thing. Where people win-"
Music playing in background interrupts him.

Boss - "What was that?"
Me - "Just the music for the practice for my almost wife."
Boss - "So anyway can we-"
Me - "Do you think I can call you later? They are asking for me"
Boss - "Sure sorry ya. Again congrats on the wedding."
Me - "No problem."
Boss - "Ok well I will let you go. Why don't you just give me a call tonight when your done?"
Me - "When I am done getting...married?"
Boss - "That's today?!"
me - "Yes. That's why I am not at work."
Boss - "I thought it was the rehearsal."
Me - "No. I have today off and tomorrow I will be in."
Boss - "That explains why my admin assistance didn't want me to call you today."
Me - "Ya probably..."
Boss - "K bye."

No comments:

Post a Comment